It’s been a hectic as hell couple of months. I don’t even know how I’m still breathing really. There is however a bright side to being busy…makes the days go by faster and you don’t sit with your finger up your nose and do nothing. On the other hand, what makes it worse is that there isn’t enough time to do everything that I want to do.
What I do everyday:
- Wake up at 5am, so that I can get the kids ready for school, get myself ready, make lunch and leave by 6:30am to be in time for when schools start. (BTW: I have to drive to 2 different schools for now)
- Start my office job at 8am and work up until just after 12pm, that is when I usually leave to pick up the kids from school. Because you know, struggling creative can’t afford someone to do it for me.
- When I get home, it’s lunch (14:00) and then homework. I never knew Gr2’s had so much damn work. And you can’t just do it to get it over with, you need to have them understand.
- After 2 hours of horrendous tears and tantrums (from my side that is) it is basically time to start dinner. While that is busy, I try and squeeze in like a 30min workout routine.
- Eat at 6pm, why? Because the kids need to bath at 7 and bed routine etc.
So lately, I’m man down in bed before 8 because I’ve been struggling to keep my eyes open from 5. But I’ve made myself a promise that this year is going to be mine and I’ll be Hell Bend on making that happen.
SO WHAT AM I UP TO BESIDES LIFE?
I have signed up for a Halloween themed boxset due October 2020. (More on that later)
That is right… We are going to have a party!!
Also, I’m busy with a small freebie that you will receive when you pre-order the boxset from us. I’m struggling to juggle life and the book at the moment, but I’m getting there.
Now, what am I writing you ask? Well, the freebie is titled “Devil’s Doorway” and is about an orphaned girl named Taylor who inherited her parent’s old house after 22 years. After she moved in though, things start going bump in the night and it’s not your normal ghost mischief that you can get rid of.
The Boxset story will be titled “Chimera” and will follow a group of friends as they travel to a remote ghost town for Halloween weekend, exploring the town, the caves, and camp in the woods where apparently the entire town was hung. It’s a tradition for the friends to have fun, a few scares and see some ghosts, so what could possibly go wrong? When one of the girls turns up dead, the suspicions start flying until they see something that shouldn’t be true. A creature that doesn’t exist. A story that had been forgotten, and a secret that everyone wished they never knew.
So hold on to your horses, this is going to be an interesting ride.
To know more, and to follow the ideas: Follow me (Lea Cherry) on the following links:
See you on the dark side